Award Holders Terms and Conditions
Full details of the terms and conditions of AHRC postgraduate studentship awards are detailed in the following documents. Research Organisations (ROs) should familiarise themselves with all of them:
- UKRI Terms and Conditions of Training Grants
- UKRI Training Grant Guide
- AHRC's Training Grant Funding Guide (PDF, 428KB)
There were a number of additional opportunities available to holders of AHRC studentship awards, as follows:
- It is the responsibility of the RO to process any changes or suspensions to funded studentships and to approve any applications for study and conference visits. Where changes are agreed, for example suspensions, the RO must update the Student Details Portal (SDP) accordingly.
- Students with queries about their funding or award should contact their RO, rather than the AHRC.
- University staff with queries regarding AHRC studentship funding should speak to the relevant University authorities in the first instance. If they are unable to help, they should speak to UK Shared Business Services (SBS)
- Disabled Students’ Allowance - The process is now harmonised across the Research Councils. Please read the guidance on the UK Research and Innovation website. Requests for DSA must first be discussed with the Disability Officer at the RO in question.
- Research Training Framework - In 2004, the AHRC introduced a framework of research training requirements for its doctoral award holders. The framework was updated again in December 2011 to reflect recent changes. In 2014, a new framework was developed for doctoral students, built around the UK Research and Innovation's Statement of Expectations for Postgraduate Training.
- Change of Address - Please note that if you are a funded student and you change your address, it is your responsibility to update your details via the Je-S system. If you require any assistance with this, you should contact the Je-S helpdesk, either by email at JeSHelp@rcuk.ac.uk or by telephone +44 (0) 1793444164.
AHRC Postgraduate Coordinators' Forum
The AHRC have established a JISCmail list as a discussion forum for staff involved in administering AHRC studentships. For more information visit the AHRC Postgraduate Coordinators' Forum webpage.
AHRC Student News JISCmail List
The AHRC have established a JISCmail list as a forum for sharing information with all holders of AHRC studentship awards. For more information visit the AHRC Student News JISCMail list webpage.
Maintenance rate and fees
Please see further information on the UKRI's 'Funding for research training' page.
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2019-20 (PDF, 111KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2018-19 (PDF, 111KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2017-18 (PDF, 111KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2016-17 (PDF, 111KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2015-16 (PDF, 111KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2014-15 (PDF, 71KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2013-14 (PDF, 73KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2012-13 (PDF, 73KB)
- Maintenance and fee rates for 2011-12 (PDF, 123KB)
- Maintenance and fees rates for 2010-11 (PDF, 41KB)
Find out about the success rates for schemes in our competition statistics section.