Lifelong Health and Wellbeing
Lifelong Health and Wellbeing (LLHW) is a major cross-council initiative supporting multi-disciplinary research addressing factors across the life course that influence healthy ageing and wellbeing in later life.
LLHW is a major cross-council initiative involving:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- UK health departments
It supports multidisciplinary research, addressing factors across the life course that influence healthy ageing and wellbeing in later life.
The initiative aims to:
- Lead to improvements in health and quality of later life
- Inform policy and practice
- Increase capacity building in ageing-related research
The arts and humanities can make a significant contribution towards the understanding and enrichment of older people’s lives. The LLHW programme gives arts and humanities researchers the opportunity to work with other disciplines to produce multidisciplinary research.