Peer Review Resources
This is the Handbook for the AHRC’s Peer Review College (PRC) members offering guidance and essential information on all aspects of membership for new and existing members. You can view the PRC Handbook file below and select any topic from the links on the table of contents pages.
- PRC Handbook - November 2020
Please note that the Handbook is constantly updated so we advise members always to refer to last updated version.
The Peer Review College (PRC) forms a crucial part of the peer review process and has a vital role in ensuring that the AHRC supports research of the highest quality.
PRC Member online training
- Online training (pptx file, 3MB) for PRC members prior to induction events.
- Effective reviewing (pptx file, 2.2MB)
AHRC Responsive Mode JeS Application Forms
- AHRC Blank JeS Research Grant application form (PDF, 96KB)
- AHRC Blank Research Development Fellowships application form (PDF, 92KB)
- AHRC Blank JeS Research Networking application form (PDF, 94KB)
- AHRC Blank JeS Follow-on Funding application form (PDF, 93KB)
AHRC Responsive Mode JeS Review Forms
- AHRC Blank JeS Research Grant review form (PDF, 59KB)
- AHRC Blank Research Development Fellowships review form (PDF, 63KB)
- AHRC Blank JeS Research Networking review form (PDF, 59KB)
- AHRC Blank JeS Follow-on Funding review form (PDF, 61KB)
The following forms can be used for claiming expenses for your work as a Peer Review College member.
- Risk Assessment for use of Private Vehicle (ODT, 711KB) - This form is to be completed and returned to the AHRC before each use of a private vehicle on AHRC business.
- Travel and Subsistence - UK Bank Account Holder Expenses Claim Form for Non-Employees (Word, 53KB) - This form accompanies the Travel and Subsistence Policy for Non-Employees.
- Travel and Subsistence - Non-UK Bank Account Holder Expenses Claim Form for Non-Employees (Word, 58KB) - This form accompanies the Travel and Subsistence Policy for Non-Employees.
- Travel and Subsistence - Policy for Non-Employees (PDF, 125KB) - The purpose of this policy is to ensure that AHRC’s travel and accommodation needs are met in a consistent way.
Please ensure that all sections of the Expenses Claim Form and your signature are completed before sending this over to email@example.com, so that the team can process your claim as quickly as possible. If you are only claiming for panel fees, there is no need to fill out the ‘Details of Business Expenses’ section.
The following standards are relevant to your role as a Peer Review College member.
- Counter Fraud and Bribery Policy - The AHRC is committed to the practice of responsible corporate behaviour and to complying with all laws, regulations, and other requirements which govern the conduct of our operations.
- Code of Practice - This Code is intended as a guide to all members of the Arts and Humanities Research Council's Council, committees, Peer Review College, and other advisory groups, and sets out how the AHRC conducts its business and guides members in their duties.
- Standards of Service (PDF, 278KB) - This guide is intended to list the standards of service expected from College Members.
Information about the Peer Review Framework.