Launched in a new context: the creation of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). Speaking with a single powerful voice for the whole breadth of UK research adding momentum to the variety of existing and new research programmes.
The Creative Economy
Findings and analysis of the four KE Hubs for the creative economy: Creative Exchange, Creativeworks London, Design in Action and REACT.
- Creative Exchanges - The AHRC Knowledge Exchange Hubs for the Creative Economy (PDF, 5.3MB)
- R&D in the Creative Industries policy briefing (PDF, 156KB)
Some 70 original pieces of work were probed and challenged, thus advancing our thinking about how better to understand and capture the elusive phenomenon that is called ‘cultural value’.
IROs are now playing a vital role in training the next generation of researchers that allow them to create a bank of skills designed to benefit their career progression.
With respondents and their PhD research, an overview of Career Paths, a sectoral analysis of career paths and respondent perspectives on the value of a PhD
Directors from the five WW1 Engagement Centres reflect on their achievements to date and look forward to ongoing research projects.
‘The Power of Languages’ highlights the work of the Open World Research Initiative as it transforms modern languages research in the UK. It demonstrates the importance of modern languages in areas such as cultural understanding, health, creativity, social cohesion and education.
This 16-page brochure showcases the achievements and impacts of UK-Brazil research collaborations in arts and humanities.
This 24-page magazine features interviews with NGTs past and present. With top tips about how to succeed in the scheme.
24-page brochure looking at how arts and humanities research shapes understanding of historic and modern slavery.
12-page brochure with in-depth profiles of all the female composers.
Showcases the winners from the past three years, and features top tips from TV Producer and RIFA judge, Steve Evanson.
AHRC-funded research is helping address the numerous and complex issues surrounding mental health.
Understanding the changing nature of communities in their contexts and how they enhance our quality of life.
Reviews and reports
- The Brighton Fuse report (PDF, 1.7MB) - how 'fused' businesses are driving economic growth
- The UK and India - a partnership for research (PDF, 1.5MB) - highlighting a number of AHRC projects
- Arts and Humanities Research and Innovation (PDF, 1.7MB) - the importance of arts and humanities research and innovation; a report by the AHRC and Nesta
- Arts and Humanities Research Landscape (PDF, 389KB) - the significance of arts and humanities research in the UK.
- Hidden Connections (PDF, 1MB) - knowledge exchange between the arts and humanities and the private, public, and third sectors
- Joint Agreement between AHRC, British Academy, and the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) (PDF, 126KB) - a joint agreement on early and mid-career support
- Leading the World (PDF, 4.9MB) - the economic impact of art and humanities research.
The AHRC is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible and that its publications are available to all; if you would like to have any of the publications in large-print or Braille formats, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.