European cultural heritage funding available
Europe's cultural heritage is one of the world's most diverse and rich patrimonies. It attracts millions of visitors every year to monuments, historical city centres, archaeological sites and museums. The Joint Programming Initiative in Cultural Heritage and Global Change is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity for transnational proposals in the area of cultural heritage. Additional funding is being provided by the European Commission.
This Heritage Plus call is designed to generate new, research-based knowledge to promote the sustainable use and management of cultural heritage and so to meet societal challenges and contribute to the development on the society. The call aims to fund excellent collaborative, transnational, interdisciplinary, innovative research and development projects focussed mainly on tangible cultural heritage research, while not excluding the interlinked aspects of intangible and digital heritage.
The call for pre-proposals will open on 3 March 2014 and the deadline for submission of the pre-proposals will be 28 April 2014.
The research topics on which the Heritage Plus Call is focused have been drawn from areas identified in the Strategic Research Agenda for the Joint Programming Initiative in Cultural Heritage and Global Change (opens in we window) strategic-research-agenda-sra
The call will support projects across three broad topics:
- Safeguarding tangible cultural heritage and its associated intangible expressions
- Sustainable strategies for protecting and managing cultural heritage
- Use and re-use of all kinds of cultural heritage
Only researchers based in countries that have committed to the Heritage Plus Call can apply for funding. These are:
- United Kingdom
Detailed eligibility criteria for researchers in each country will be published alongside the guidance.
Notes for Editors
1. The Heritage Plus call will support well-defined, interdisciplinary and collaborative R&D projects that maximize the value of research outcomes.
- The total budget for the call is around 9 million EUROS
- Duration of projects: up to 36 months
- Each project must comprise of at least three research teams, each based in an eligible institution in a different country participating in the Heritage Plus Call. The maximum number of research teams in a project is five.
2.For further details on the Application Procedure, forms, guidelines and further information see www.jpi-culturalheritage.eu/joint-call.
In order to help researchers or interested partners to find partners in other countries and organisations, an email group (called Heritage Plus) has been set up so that researchers can subscribe to receive such requests, and to post requests themselves. To use this service, you need to subscribe at the following link - http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/HERITAGEPLUS. We recommend subscribing immediately but waiting until after Monday 10th March before posting your request in order to give all countries time to distribute information on the email group and for interested parties to subscribe. Further detail on how to use this mailing list is provided in the guidelines and FAQs.Return to news list