|29/03/2019 - 31/03/2019
||7:00 am - 10:30 pm
||St Mary's Square, Gateshead Quays, Gateshead, NE8 2JR
All weekend at Sage Gateshead are gathering a throng of talented individuals to wrestle, debate and celebrate the theme of this year’s festival: Emotion.
Whether it’s the angry turn in contemporary politics, the cultural specificity of emotions, how film and tv teach us to feel, anxiety and the teenage brain, emotion in diplomacy, the benefits of sublimating feelings.
What's going on?
- “Speed Date” the New Generation Thinkers. They present 10 × 60 second ideas. You vote for the best.
- Share your thoughts about the Festival theme Emotion on our Ideas Boxes.
- Tune into Slow Radio available on headphones. An antidote to today’s frenzied world. Listen to the sounds of birds, mountain climbing, monks chatting as you go about your day. A lo-fi celebration of pure sound.
- Discover strange and forgotten emotions from the past with the Lost Emotions Machine from Queen Mary University of London’s ‘Living With Feeling’ project.
- The York Music Psychology Group from the University of York show their research into music and emotion.
- Share your emotions with students from the University of Sunderland’s Spark Radio.
How to attend
Spaces are limited although there will be some tickets available on the day on a first come, first served basis.
Visit the Sage Gateshead website at: www.sagegateshead.com/event/radio-3-free-thinking-festival-in-tune-live.
Return to events