'New Thinking' podcasts
The fortnightly New Thinking podcast opens a window onto a fascinating world of arts and humanities research, from the philosophy of motherhood to the latest discoveries at Stonehenge.
The podcast is produced as part of a partnership between the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and BBC Radio 3.
It features members of the AHRC's New Generation Thinkers scheme in conversation with academics and specialists from across the UK about their latest research.
Latest New Thinking Podcasts:
- The future of Fashion
- First encounters between European settlers and indigenous communities
- Marking the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall
- Celebrating the AHRC’s Research in Film Awards
Find out more
About our partnership with Radio 3
New Generation Thinkers was launched in November 2010 at Radio 3's Free Thinking Festival of Ideas. Since 2010, more than 100 academics from across the UK have presented documentaries on Radio 3, the BBC World Service and also taken part in discussion programmes and made taster films for BBC Arts Online. There is also an opportunity for some of the New Generation Thinkers to develop TV programmes with BBC Four.
Ways to listen
All Free Thinking episodes are available to listen to on the BBC website.
- New Generation Thinkers 2019 at the Free Thinking Festival
- New Generation Thinkers 2018 at the Free Thinking Festival
- New Generation Thinkers 2017 at the Free Thinking Festival
- New Generation Thinkers 2016 at the Free Thinking Festival
Former New Generation Thinkers continue to work with the AHRC and BBC as experts in their field. Our Experts List includes their research specialisms and contact details.