Research Funding Guide
Leadership Fellows scheme update
We would like to draw your attention to a few updates we will be making to the Leadership Fellows scheme, namely:
- We have clarified what we mean by ‘leadership’ to ensure it resonates with all academics at all stages of their career;
- We have increased the maximum funding amount for the Standard Route to £300,000
To signal these changes, we have renamed the scheme the ‘AHRC Research, Development and Engagement Fellowships’. The scheme continues to support two routes: Standard and Early Career.
The Leadership Fellows scheme will close on Je-S on Friday, 5 June 2020, 16:00.
Applications to this new focus of the Fellowships scheme will open on Je-S from Monday, 8 June 2020, 09:00.
This guide is intended to cover rules and policies for our responsive mode schemes. Each scheme has different aims, funding limits, durations, etc. - although many standard rules apply to all. All applicants should read the information about costs, eligibility, application guidance, assessment criteria, peer review, award decisions, and the additional information. These sections contain standard rules and policies, which normally apply to all schemes. However, anything noted for a particular scheme will supersede the rule or policy in subsequent sections.
If you are unable to access the latest version of the Research Funding Guide, please make sure that you first clear your browsers’ cache which will force your browser to load the most recent version.
- Is my research area suitable for AHRC?
- Common application errors to avoid (PDF, 480KB)
- Case studies of research previously funded by the AHRC are available on our website.
Submitting an application
Unless otherwise specified, applications are made via the Je-S system.
If you require guidance on using the Je-S system, the helpdesk can be contacted on:
- 01793 444164