Investigators and Project partners for Global Challenges Research Fund projects
The Antislavery Knowledge Network:
- Principal Investigator: Alex Balch (University of Liverpool)
- Co-Investigators: Wazi Apoh (University of Ghana), Lawrence Barham (University of Liverpool), Charles Forsdick (University of Liverpool), Benjamin Kankpeyeng (University of Ghana), John Oldfield (University of Hull), Zoe Trodd (University of Nottingham)
- Partner Organisations: Anti-Slavery International, British Council, Engage Now Africa (Ghana), Ghana Museums and Monuments Board (Ghana), Historians Against Slavery, International Slavery Museum, Monuments and Relics Commission (Sierra Leone), Yole Africa (DRC)
Changing the Story:
- Principal Investigator: Paul Cooke (University of Leeds)
- Co-Investigators: Ananda Breed (University of East London), Alejandro Castillejo (University of the Andes - Colombia), Andre Keet (University of the Free State), Nita Luci (University of Prishtina), Sok-Kheang Ly (Documentation Centre of Cambodia), Peter Manning (University of Bath), Stephanie Schwandner-Sievers (Bournemouth University), Stuart Taberner (University of Leeds), David Wald (University of Rwanda),
- Partner Organisations: the AEGIS Trust, the, Bishop Simeon Trust, the British Council, Hope and Homes for Children, Mashirika (Performing Arts and Media Company) (Rwanda), National Centre of Historical Memory (Colombia), Plan International, Rwanda Cinema Centre, Salzburg Global Seminar (Austria), South African Holocaust and Genocide Foundation (South Africa), Stacion - Centre for Contemporary Arts (Kosovo), THEMBA Interactive (South Africa), UNESCO, and UNICEF.
Deepening democracy in extremely politically fragile countries
- Principal Investigator: Emma Crewe (SOAS)
- Co-Investigators: Ruth Fox (Hansard Society), Niraja Jayal (Jawaharlal Nehru University), Cristina Leston-Bandeira (University of Leeds), Mandy Sadan (SOAS)
- Partner Organisations: Enlightened Myanmar Research Foundation (Myanmar), Forum for Social Studies (Ethiopia), and Global Partners Governance
Rising from the Depths:
- Principal Investigator: Jon Henderson (University of Nottingham)
- Co-Investigators: Annamaria La Chimia (University of Nottingham), Stephanie Wynne-Jones (University of York), Colin Breen (University of Ulster), Gary Marvin (Roehampton University), Luciana Esteves (Bournemouth University), Paul Lane (Uppsala University), Solange Macamo (Eduardo Mondlane University)
- Partner Organisations: The British Institute in Eastern Africa (BIEA), the British Museum, EcoAfrica (South Africa), Kaleidoscopio (Mozambique), the Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (Kenya), the Nautical Archaeology Society, the Society for Underwater Technology, UNESCO, the Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (Zanzibar), the World Monuments Fund (USA), the Zavora Marine Lab (Mozambique), and 3deep Media.
The Nahrein Network:
- Principal Investigator: Eleanor Robson (UCL)
- Co-Investigators: Paul Collins (University of Oxford), Saad Eskander (University of Kurdistan Hewler)
- Partner Organisations: Al-Amal Association (Iraq), the University of Baghdad, Basrah Museum, The British Institute for the Study of Iraq, the Research Centre for the Sustainable Development of Cultural Heritage (Kurdistan), and UNESCO Iraq.