EU-India Platform for the Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP)
The EU-India Platform for the Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP) brings together research funding and support organisations in Europe and India in order to develop a stronger strategic partnership for multi-lateral research collaboration.
Europe and India have strong historical links, but research collaboration is a relatively new practice. EqUIP is linking and building upon successful partner relationships developed at the European level, using the NORFACE and HERA European Research Area Networks (ERA-NETs) as a basis for expanding interactions with India. As in those networks, the EqUIP platform is supporting Social Science and Humanities research funding agencies across Europe and India to build stronger strategic partnerships, increase opportunities for networking and dialogue amongst researchers, and explore ways of working to enable future joint research programming.
EqUIP is a collaborative network of 20 research funding and support organisations from 15 European countries and India dedicated to strengthening research collaboration on the social sciences and humanities. For further information visit the EqUIP website.
EqUIP has four key objectives:
- Provide a more coherent overview of the current scope of collaborative activity between Europe and India in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Develop best practice approaches and indentify challenges for research cooperation between Europe and India in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Identify, through the networking of existing projects, opportunities and priorities for future research collaboration between Europe and India in the Social Sciences and Humanities, with a view to influence policy documents and future Horizon 2020 Work Programmes for the Societal Challenges.
- Establish networks of pan-European and Indian researchers in the social sciences and humanities conducting excellent research addressing cutting edge research questions.
EqUIP’s broader and long-term ambition is to provide the foundations for enhanced inter-agency cooperation between research funding agencies in India and Europe in the social sciences and humanities. In particular, EqUIP’s benefits will be:
- A stronger European Research Area and the building of new networks with India
- A stronger position of arts and humanities and social sciences in the context of Horizon 2020
- Better approaches to assess impact of EU-India research collaboration
- A path for future collaborations at EU and Member States level with India
The last call closed 30 November 2017. Read our EqUIP call for collaborative research on sustainability, equity, wellbeing and cultural connections news page for more details. Or visit the call page on the EqUIP website.