Nahrein Network- Final Research Grant Awards callReturn to opportunities
The Nahrein Network fosters the sustainable development of antiquity, cultural heritage and the humanities in Iraq and its neighbours. It aims to support interdisciplinary research to enable universities, museums, and community groups to better serve local, post-conflict needs.
The Network is based at University College London, the University of Kurdistan Hewlêr, and the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford and has many international partners. It is funded for four years, 2017-21, by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council and the Global Challenges Research Fund Network Plus scheme.
Research Grant Awards
These awards support interdisciplinary research on themes relating to one or more of the Nahrein Network's five aims. The final call, with a deadline of 21st November 2019, has now opened.
During the final round we will offer only one type of funding:
- Small grants of up to £30,000 (FEC) for projects led by Iraqi, Lebanese or Turkish researchers, or collaborations between them and UK researchers.
Please note that all funded projects must end by December 2020.
We invite applications from postdoctoral researchers (or equivalent) who are employed by, or have an official connection with:
- EITHER a Iraqi, Lebanese, Turkish or UK Higher Education Institution (i.e., a university or similar organisation)
- OR a non-academic organisation (e.g. cultural heritage organisation, NGO, community group) in the UK or Iraq, Lebanon or Turkey with a demonstrated capacity to conduct research.
Applications must be led by an Iraqi, Lebanese or Turkish researcher and do not need UK collaborators.
- Please contact the Newtork directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the funding schemes
- To keep up to date with news and funding calls please follow the Nahrein Network on Facebook and Twitter.
Closing Date: 21/11/2019
The deadline for the final round of research grant awards is 23:59 (UK time) on the 21st November 2019.
How to make an application
Please contact the Newtork directly at email@example.com if you have any questions about the funding schemes
For enquries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.orgReturn to archived opportunities