New Policy Internships Announced
AHRC is pleased to announce a call for current AHRC-funded students to apply for a policy internship with a range of highly influential policy organisations.
AHRC is working with the other Research Councils to offer this three month opportunity to work on a policy topic relevant to the student and the host partner organisation. The student will have the chance to produce a briefing paper, participate in a policy inquiry or organise a policy event.
AHRC-funded students can apply for a placement at one of the following hosts:
- Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) in London – 2 places available
- Scottish Parliament Information Centre (SPICe) in Edinburgh – 2 places available
- The Research Service National Assembly for Wales in Cardiff – 1 place available
- British Library in Boston Spa, Yorkshire – 1 place available
- Centre for Science and Policy (CSaP) in Cambridge – 2 places available
- Government Office for Science (GO Science) in London – 1 place available
- Royal Society in London – 1 place available
Students will continue to receive their maintenance payment during the period of the internship and will receive a three month extension to their studentship. The cost of travel and accommodation during the placement will also be provided, if required.