International Placement Scheme 2018 reopened
The IPS scheme has been reopened and applicants are invited to submit applications to the following world-leading, international institutions:
- National Institutes for the Humanities (NIHU), Japan
- Shanghai Theatre Academy (STA), Shanghai, China
- Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C., USA
This is an annual programme providing Research Fellowships to AHRC funded doctoral students, early career researchers and doctoral-level research assistants.
The purpose of the Call - described as an ‘IPS Fellowship’ - is to provide Early Career Researchers (ECRs), doctoral level research assistants and AHRC funded doctoral students with dedicated access to the internationally renowned collections, programmes and expertise held at the three IPS institutions.
The AHRC offers differing numbers of placements at each institution (please see the guidance on costs section VI for the proposed numbers). Placements will be for 3-6 months; the total awarded consists of an £870 stipend for travel and visa costs and a living stipend of £1200 for each month of the fellowship.
- Provide ECRs, doctoral level research assistants and AHRC - funded doctoral students, with dedicated access to the internationally renowned collections/ programmes/ expertise held at these three IPS institutions;
- Enhance the depth, range and quality of research activities conducted by scholars;
- Create opportunities for networking with other international scholars at those institutions.
For guidance on how to apply to each of the institutions, the rules and eligibility of the scheme please see the IPS 2018 Reopened Call Guidance (PDF, 664KB).