AHRC-Smithsonian Fellowships in Digital Scholarship
The Arts and Humanities Research Council of the United Kingdom and the Smithsonian Institution in the United States are delighted to announce that they are supporting a new joint fellowship programme in digital scholarship. This builds on a successful history of collaboration between the two organisations.
Through enhanced collaboration between world-leading institutions in the UK and US, the fellowships will seek to:
- build capacity through the innovative application of digital methods and technologies to research in museums and cultural/heritage institutions
- drive new, cross-disciplinary approaches and accelerate thinking about the potential for digital scholarship in such institutions
- facilitate pilot projects in areas of mutual interest
- pioneer new approaches to audience engagement and experience
- support dialogue and outreach about the value and impact of digitisation and digital collections
About the Fellowships
The fellowships will be research-based and enable eligible scholars from UK institutions to undertake research at the Smithsonian, and for eligible scholars from US institutions to undertake research at leading museums and cultural/heritage institutions in the UK.
The fellowships will be held for a one-year period, including a 3-6 month funded placement, and should form part of a wider research project. It is anticipated that around five fellowships will be available in each ‘direction’.