ESRC-AHRC-CASS International Centre Partnerships 2014
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) are pleased to announce a call to support China/UK International Centre Partnerships with the following aims:
- Enable excellent international research collaboration between centres of excellence in the UK and China
- Support the development of ambitious joint research agendas and stimulate the development of international and interdisciplinary collaborative research proposals
- Promote mobility and develop capacity, thus contributing to the development of an internationally networked cohort of researchers who have the skills to work globally
- Enhance pathways to international impact
The ESRC, AHRC and CASS therefore invite applications for partnerships pursuing these aims between major UK research centres and groups already in receipt of support by ESRC, AHRC and CASS addressing the following broad thematic areas:
- Urban transformations
- Economic development and welfare reform
- Global governance
- Humanities contributing to development
- Creative industries
The objective of this scheme is to strengthen research in the social sciences and arts and humanities between the UK and China by providing additional funding for joint activities between internationally excellent researchers in the areas identified above. Successful proposals will involve existing groups, possibly with some already established connections and joint collaboration, who wish to enhance their collaborative activities over the next three years by working closely with other leading or potentially leading players globally.
Please note that applications may only be submitted by eligible institutions. A list of eligible AHRC awards is available (PDF) (PDF, 220KB).