Digital Research & Development Fund for the Arts
The £7 million Digital R&D Fund for the Arts is a partnership between the Arts Council, the AHRC and Nesta.
It will support research and development projects that use digital technology to enhance audience reach and/or explore new business models for organisations with arts projects.
The fund is open for applications, organisations with arts projects, technology providers and researchers or research teams are invited to form collaborative relationships and make joint funding applications.
Themes of the fund
The Digital R&D Fund for the Arts has been designed to accommodate a range of innovation projects which will include key themes identified in collaboration with the arts sector:
- User generated content and social media: harnessing the power of the internet and social media to reach audiences and to give them a platform for discussion, participation and creativity
- Distribution and exhibition: using digital technologies to deliver artistic experiences and content in new ways in online and place based environments, including exploring international distribution and exhibition
- Mobile, location and games: developing a new generation of mobile and location-based experiences and services, including games
- Data and archives: making archives, collections and other data more widely available to other arts organisations and the general public
- Resources: using digital technologies to improve the way in which arts organisations are run including business efficiency and income generation and the way in which they collaborate with each other
- Education and learning: developing interactive education and learning resources for children, teachers, young people, adult learners and arts sector professionals