AHRC Creative Economy Champion
The AHRC invites applications for an AHRC Creative Economy Champion. The post holder will play a vital role in helping the AHRC to consolidate our existing and prior investment in this area, and to inform our future creative economy strategy and partnerships. The Creative Economy Champion should provide leadership in four main areas of activity (note these are not mutually exclusive):
- Evidencing and consolidating
These four main areas are expanded upon below.
The post will be three years in duration and applicants may request up to 80% FTE.
The Champion will have the option to request funding for up to 20% of their requested time to develop their own personal research agenda. This request for time to develop a personal research agenda is only permitted provided the agenda is closely linked to, and would contribute to, the creative economy programme and would exemplify the types of cross-disciplinary, cross-Council and collaborative approaches which the AHRC is seeking to encourage.
Successful candidates will be expected to have at least one of the following:
- An outstanding track record of research leadership
- An outstanding track record of engagement within the creative economy
- Credibility within the arts and humanities research community
- A broad understanding of the potential of different disciplines and research fields to contribute to the creative economy.
Please see the call document (PDF, 134KB) for full application details.