Class 1: Who we are and what we do
This section covers information about the Arts and Humanities Research Council, such as organisational structures, location, and contact details.
- Roles and responsibilities - AHRC publishes pages on its website called ‘About Us’.
- Organisation structure - AHRC publishes an Organisational Plan.
- Legislative basis for AHRC’s activities - The AHRC’s Management Statement (PDF) (PDF, 658KB) gives a description of AHRC’s incorporation by Royal Charter.
- Relationship with BEIS - The AHRC’s Management Statement (PDF) (PDF, 658KB) gives a description of AHRC’s relationship to its parent body, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
- AHRC is part of UK Research and Innovation, which brings together nine Councils into a single organisation that aims to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation. For more information visit www.ukri.org
- International relationships - A description of the AHRC’s international relationships is published in the AHRC’s Annual Report and Accounts.
- Other relationships - AHRC has a number of other relationships which are defined in various agreements and memorandums of understanding.
- Details of strategic and operational decision makers - Details about AHRC’s strategic and operational decision makers are published in the About Us section of the website.
- Location and contact details for the AHRC - Details about the AHRC’s offices and contact details for different queries are published on the Contact Us section of the website.